Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Big Question?

So at 29 years old, I'm apparently going to be an "old mother" because I don't have kids yet. I finished high school, got through my associates and got married BUT that's not enough because I'm not a mother. Because I choose to do things the right way, I'm not accepted in some circles. Because me and him can get up and go and live life like we want, it's that we're crazy. YET I look at some of my friends and the hardships they have and I know deep inside that I'm not selfish for not wanting to be like them. I had my chance to be a mother at 19 but I wasn't ready and I had a whole family ready and willing to support me BUT I couldn't do it and to this day I never regret it. I wouldn't be where I am today and I'm blessed to be where I am. A child to me does not mean true and utter fulfillment,it doesn't make me whole. Not just yet. We enjoy this and when we're ready we will be able to give that child everything he/she needs, hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment