Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Skin

I've never been comfortable in my own skin. I look at how other people look and wanna look like them so maybe I can share their happiness. Those shoes will make me cool and that outfit will make me wanted. Always trying to be different but also the same. I could never afford the better parts of life but then again I never wanted to either. Or maybe I did just because I so badly wanted to fit in. Growing up as the baby is never EASY. Yes you may get spoiled but you also get alot of crap. I was never made to fit in because I was different, somehow someway I was. As a child in the Bronx, my family kept me sheltered, I was never exposed to the grimy truth, was ignorant you could say. Once I moved down south I couldn't fit in there either, once again trying to change to adapt to fit in. Again never right always different. Came back to NY and faced the same hardship. Change Change CHANGE has always been with me. I hate to be like this because I know now people truly like me BUT at the same time I always ask, but do they? In going into this new year saying My Skin is what makes me, well me. I am different and now I have to learn to embrace it. I don't want to conform to what society wants, I like being different. My skin may not be for everybody but it's for me and it's the best kind of different to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment